Thursday, June 28, 2012

Father's Day

Disclaimer... I realize this is a little late...

Happy father's day to those dads out there who work so hard and are an inspiration to their kiddos and to others.  My dad is amazing man who has accomplished so much, worked super hard, and yet still treasures and makes time for his family.  I love you heaps dad.

My husband is the best father I have ever known.  He is full of love and patience and mercy and grace for his kids and takes the time to pour into them individually and they both absolutely ADORE him!  It is the sweetest thing to see Nate running as fast as his little legs will carry him with both arms outstretched to his daddy when he sees him walking down the hill towards home.  It brings tears to my eyes when I think about the wonder and beauty of how this man I married loves our children.

This year for Father's Day Joe had to work most of the day, but he stole away for an hour over lunch to take Nate up for a gondola ride.  Again, he is incredibly thoughtful not in what he can get since it is "his day" but in how he can serve his family.  Nate, Chloe and myself are incredibly grateful (even though they don't fully realize it yet) for what a wonderful gift of a dad we have.


Here are my collared boys on the gondola on Sunday.  Chloe was sleeping so I stayed home with her.  

That afternoon was the start of one of Joe's conferences so he was busy with that and we had a play date with some friends.  Who knew we were about to have a crazy end to our Father's day...

No comments:

Post a Comment