Thursday, August 23, 2012

Napless Nate

Ok.  I'm at my wits end.  What do you do with a two-year-old who will NOT take a nap!  Since being potty trained his naps have become few and far between.  Now they seem non-existent.  He has to stay in his room for an hour and a half, but he could REALLY use sleep.  He comes out of his room occasionally with different excuses and also wreaks havoc in his room making noise that will sometimes wake Chloe up.  Thats when I get seriously upset!

Help!  How do you make a child take a nap?!?! Can you give me any tips??

2 comments:

  1. First, I love that our kids are close in age... Andy is the same way. He really fights naps, but I know that it is in his best interest to sleep. If he was happy in the evening without a nap, I wouldn't worry, but he's not. Andy has a hard time with the stay in your room rule because he has way too much fun. I have to make him stay on his bed so that he will be still enough to fall asleep. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. I also just ordered an OK to wake clock so that he knows when it's ok for him to get out of bed. We'll see how that goes... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea of a "wake up clock". Where did you order yours from Mandy?

      Delete