Sunday, August 11, 2013

Growth Chart

Ive been wanting to make a growth chart for my kiddos for a little while now so I seized the opportunity while my sister was here to help!

I started by staining the piece of wood with the stain mixture of vinegar and steel wool.  I used regular and balsamic to give it a nice dark color... I think I may have even added some coffee grounds.  I had to let this mixture sit for a few days before we used it.  Then after I applied two coats, it was just the effect I wanted.  Then we measured off 6 inch blocks and then painted every other white. 



Next we traced out the stenciled numbers and then painted them in black.  Thanks for Kacee for the extra help! :) 


Next I just used a carpenter's square, measuring tape, and a sharpie and wrote on the lines every inch. 


The measures on the board actually start at 6 inches cause I wanted to be able to hang it 6 inches up on the wall.  But until it got hung if you measured yourself with it, you gained 6 inches in height! 


 Then I wrote the kids heights on from age birth, 1 yrs, 2 yrs, and the height they are now. 


I wanted a final touch of adding the verse Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man." 



Tada!!! I love how it turned out! 





No comments:

Post a Comment